Welcome!

My blog is all about random things in my life. I love makeup so there will be a lot of makeup talk on here. I'm also a flight attendant so I will try to answer as many questions about my job as I can.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation

Hey everyone!!
It's been a really dark and gray day today. It's raining and cold. But it's a nice change compared to the blistering heat we've been having here in Toronto.
Anyways I decided to put on some foundation today for a change and I took out my Rimmel Lasting Foundation 25 hour in 103 True Ivory. I haven't worn this since May/June because it's been too hot.
So let's get to the review shall we?
Claims: Naturally Flawless & Hydrating & Lightweight. Transfer resistant, skin feels energized and hydrated all day.
Wear: I've been wearing this foundation for about 6 1/2-7 hours now and my skin does not feel tight or dry. It feels soft and hydrated like the claim says. However, I tend to have oily skin sometimes on my nose and right now it's showing. If I rub my finger across my nose I can see the shininess which is a big no no for me and I'm sure for all girls out there! I did apply powder on when I put on the foundation and I haven't reapplied since because I wanted to see how long this would last without powder. So about 6 hours, which is good in my opinion.
Packaging: I LOVE that this is on a tube! It's great for when I fly because it won't leak and the plastic tube won't break. It's also very hygienic and that's something that most of us look for when we buy foundation. There is 30ml of product which is great if you want to bring this as a carry-on.
Application: I just used my fingers to put this on. It doesn't dry too fast so you have time to put it on properly. After I've applied it on I take a damp sponge and just dab my face just so there isn't any excess foundation.
Coverage: If you have good skin but just have the occasional blemish here and there then this is great for you!! It has light-medium coverage but it hides redness really well. It makes your skin nice and even. If you have very bad acne/acne marks then this would not hide it. You would need something with heavier coverage as this wouldn't provide any.
Verdict: In the end I love this foundation. It hasn't faded yet after six hours the only downside is that my oiliness came through but I expected that. No one has perfect skin and I knew I would have to blot. I am going to start wearing this more often now since it feels like fall is already coming.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weather while it lasts.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment