Welcome!

My blog is all about random things in my life. I love makeup so there will be a lot of makeup talk on here. I'm also a flight attendant so I will try to answer as many questions about my job as I can.

Saturday 2 March 2013

Review: Sally Hansen Gel Nail Starter Kit

Hello everyone!
It has been quite a while since I have really fallen for a product. This new Sally Hansen Gel Nail Starter Kit is now one of my favorite nail products.



This starter kit comes with everything you need to make your own gel manicures at home. It comes with the LED lamp, base coat, top coat, nail color, gel remover, small cotton pads, and a buffer and cuticle stick.






This retails for $80 Canadian at Walmart, including Ontario taxes. I have been looking for this product for ages and when I went to Walmart just to look around I saw this in the Beauty section. However, there are two types, Insta-Gel Strips or Gel Nail Polish Kit. At first I didn't know which one to pick but after I did my research I decided to turn to this one. But when I went back to Walmart the next day it was gone, so I searched and searched and after 2 walmarts and 2 drugstores I finally found it.

So to apply this you first need to have clean nails. You will use the buffer and cuticle stick to clean them and then a cotton pad to wipe off any oil or residue on your nails.

After that you put a thin layer of base coat and cure. You repeat the same thing with the polish, apply and cure. Then the same with the top coat. Once you're done you wipe off the stickiness and that's it!

When I was first doing this I noticed that some of the color was coming off when I was doing my top coat but that's ok. I have had these on for three days now and I am still really happy with my manicure. They NEVER last this long and there is no chipping whatsoever. I am however, going to work for the next four days and with my job I open a lot of cans and use my hands A LOT, so if this passes my work test...this will be my nail miracle! I have always been extremely picky when it comes to my nails and chipping, I mean the moment I see a chip, off it goes and I waste a lot of polish when I do this.

The starter kit comes in three different colors, Wine Not, Shell we Dance, Red my Lips. I bought Red my Lips because I had seen some reviews with Shell we Dance and it was just a clear polish.

What I like about this kit is that it only takes me about 30-40 minutes to do. Usually I am waiting for my polish to dry in that amount of time, and since I can just do my nails and go, this is perfect.

One thing you should remember is you should wash your hands with soap and water after you are done. When I was finished some cat fur was sticking to my nails and it was driving me crazy. But after washing them they weren't as sticky and they feel fine.

Hope this was helpful for everyone! I highly recommend this product if you are the type of person who can't stand it when your polish chips and you are constantly doing your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment