Welcome!

My blog is all about random things in my life. I love makeup so there will be a lot of makeup talk on here. I'm also a flight attendant so I will try to answer as many questions about my job as I can.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

BB Cream: My thoughts

Hey everyone!
I decided to do a review on two BB Creams that I've had for about a year now and it's the Skin 79 Hot Pink BB Cream and the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream.
Let's first start with the Skin 79 BB Cream. There is only one color option with this brand so if you have a darker skin tone it will be very difficult to use this. I have very pale skin and when I first put this on my skin looked grey. I had done quite a bit of research on this BB Cream so I knew this would happen and that it would oxidize to my skin tone.
The Claims : Whitening, UV Protection SPF25 PA++, Wrinkle Free.
Reality: In the one year that I have been wearing this I have not noticed any whitening of my skin. However I'm still not sure if they mean whitening where your skin gets whiter or if you have acne scars they fade away because that's what I've noticed the most with my skin. I have a few acne scars on my skin and since using this they have reduced, almost disappeared. There is a slight sunscreen smell to this BB Cream but I dont mind it. It takes a lot for me to turn away a product because of smell. I do not have many wrinkles to begin with so I can't judge that it claims to reduce wrinkles.
Final Thoughts: I really enjoy this BB Cream a lot. It does have a thick consistency but that's with all BB Creams. It can be a bit difficult to blend out but it's not impossible to do! With a little time and effort I'm sure you will come to love this BB Cream just like I have.
Next the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No 21. There ate quite a few color options with this BB Cream, I believe there are 5 colors. The shade that I got is perfect for my skin tone. It does though, as I mentioned above, that it looks grey when you first put it on.
The Claims: lightens skin tone, excellent skin cover, prevents skin aging through effective whitening properties, SPF42 PA+++
Reality: So this BB Cream also has the same claims as the Skin 79 one and yet I do not like the BB Cream. The only reason I do not like this BB Cream is because it gets cakey on my face and feels heavier. I've tried so many methods to try to make it feel less cakey and I've finally found one so I'm starting to like this one again. It does the exact same for me as the Skin 79 one so I don't see much of a difference between the two creams. What I do now to apply this cream is I take a tiny pump of it on my finger and rub the cream between my fingers do that it warms up and then I apply. I find that this is the best method because it's a thick consistency.
Final thoughts: This BB Cream is exactly like the other one, it's great if you have darker skin because there are more color options. The packaging is much better than the Skin 79 and a lot more travel friendly. It comes with a little pump while the Skin 79 doesn't. It does have a thicker consistency but it's workable. You just need to find the right application method for you.
Well I hope this was helpful for everyone. I haven't tried the American BB Creams and I am not planning on trying it because I have a feeling that it will be nothing like the Asian ones and I think it's too bad that the American ones are trying so hard to be like Asian ones.
Thank you for your time guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment